Journal Entry #8: Digital Law

Today in BBT I watched five videos about Digital Law. What I found most surprising about this unit was how serious copyright is and how extremely detailed it's conditions are. I always thought copyright was just a misdemeanor at most, but it turns out to be extremely serious to the law. Something I found confusing was trying to understand all the "exceptions" or "rules" to copyright. Also the Creative Commons video was kind of confusing. The videos were somewhat helpful in helping me understand some of these topics. I probably got the most knowledge out of the video on Public Domain and the one explaining Copyright in Canada, because they were the easiest to understand and plus they were shorter (I usually zone out in long videos). I found the website needhelpnow.com extremely helpful. I definitely think all young people should give this a read because I had no idea about some of the things I read on there before reading it. When it comes to copyright, I think the biggest issue is that people don't take it seriously enough. I used to just think that nobody would notice if I copied and pasted a little sentence from Wikipedia, I had no idea about the serious consequences. The biggest issue when it comes to cyber bullying is that young people don't think before they post. I myself have posted many many things I regret on the internet and I know others would say the same thing. Young people also don't respect peoples privacy, they would post just about anything and not even think before doing so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment: Privacy Please

Camera Techniques

3D Printed Car