Journal Entry #4: Digital Etiquette

Today in BBT, I watched another series of videos about Digital Etiquette. When it comes to this topic, I find it very surprising and disturbing about some of the stuff in the terms and conditions of certain apps. In my opinion, I definitely don't think most internet users read the terms and conditions before joining a site. They definitely should though, when it comes to myself I hadn't known the weird and almost scary things i had agreed to and i think everyone should know what they say before just hitting "I agree". I think I would rate myself about a 7 when it comes to how I behave online. I almost never use copyright free photos, I sometimes say things online that I regret, and I never read the terms and conditions. But, at least I'm not a hacker or or something worse. One thing I have learned in this unit that I will apply to my everyday life is to always read the terms and conditions. I honestly never ever read anything in those but now I'm gonna make sure I at least skim it over before agreeing to whatever is in it. The biggest issue is definitely teens not thinking before they post. In the run of a day I see at least two public fights on Instagram, and sometimes they're about me. If most people could just keep their mouths shut and stop belittling people online in front of everyone the world would be a lot better place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment: Privacy Please

Camera Techniques

3D Printed Car