Journal #1: Digital Security


     Today I watched a video and answered a few questions about digital security. When it comes to hacking, I find it very surprising that a computer can test every word in the English language in sixty minutes. That's a lot of words. I tested the password I usually use for everything, and it told me it would take thirty five thousand years for a computer to guess it, so I guess that's pretty good. I would like to think my passwords are pretty secure, I've never been hacked before and I hope I never am. The site KeePass would be very useful when it comes to managing and remembering passwords. When it comes to me, I use the same password for almost all of my social media accounts, which is probably not very safe to do. With KeePass, the site would allow me to create multiple passwords and make it all the more harder for me to get hacked. I also would never have to worry about forgetting my password, which happens to me quite often. I think the most important thing to remember about digital security is that any and every single thing you post, someone somewhere can see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment: Privacy Please

Camera Techniques

3D Printed Car